Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pledge to PETA

PETA are at it again. According to local papers, the group have been protesting against zoos and telling people not to visit them. Not just certain zoos, you understand. Not just zoos that don't allow sufficient space to the animals or don't feed them enough. No, PETA just want to stop you visiting any zoos, period.

I've written two blogs about PETA in two other places. I explained why I thought the group were extremists (via a long selection of quotes) , violent (explaining how a convicted arsonist is on their payroll) and hypocrites (a prominent member had her life saved by animal testing).

The response was remarkable, not only did I get several abusive comments on my blog but for the first time, I got private emails offering me abuse. I've never had that reaction before or since. To surf the internet looking for people who disagree with your view and sending them emails full of abuse strikes me as the behaviour of an irrational extremist.

Now don't get me wrong, I know animals have rights. I know we should investigate claims of cruelty to animals, I know we should respect all human life. But PETA don't think like this. PETA prefer college students to drink alcohol rather than milk, they want to assault and abuse anyone who dares to differ with them, they want to cause offence simply for the sake of making their opinions noticed, they have no ability to do so in any other form.

I have always said the best response to PETA is to laugh at them and walk into KFC. But since their fascism seems so persistent, I will take inspiration from Peter Hitchens, who pledges to pend more time condemning the BNP each time their members post message son his blog. From now on, each time a PETA member sends me an abusive or hysterical email, P pledge to go out and eat meat. It might be bacon from the supermarket, pork from the market or a slap up Big Mac at McD's but I promise I will do it and I promise I will down every last bit of my meal, all in honor of our paint throwing, arsonist supporting, fascist dictating hypocrite chums.

Have a nice day, PETA people.

No comments: